One of the most important considerations of choosing the Certified Forensic Accounting Professional program over any other forensic accounting certifications is the syllabus of certification. CFAP is focused on local laws and India specific developments in the financial world. So following is the syllabus for CFAP.
There are totally 20 chapters which deal in various elements of the forensic accounting in India. This is the brief outline of the Certified Forensic Accounting Professional syllabus
- Classification of the Corporate fraud schemes based on the Indian schemes of fraud – Here the fraud schemes are classified on the basis of items in the financial statements.
- Understanding the red flags of the Corporate fraud schemes – Early warning signals in the corporate sector help to detect the frauds timely.
- What one should do to prevent the corporate frauds – There are certain ways to prevent the frauds happening in the organisation.
- How these frauds can be investigated – Number of Investigation techniques are discussed in this chapter.
- Which are the tools used in investigating the frauds – The data analysis and data recovery tools used in any forensic investigation.