The CFAP designation is a globally recognized certification for forensic accounting, auditing, and investigation professionals. Being CFAP showcases your investigation-related experience, skills, and knowledge, and demonstrates that you are capable of conducting accounting investigations, reporting on compliance, and recommending controls to control the damages related to fraud.
Riskpro Learning is one of the oldest bodies imparting training in forensic accounting since 2006 under the brand Indiaforensic.
Forensic accounting is the practice of using accounting, auditing, and investigative skills to assist in legal matters. Forensic accountants often work with legal professionals to investigate financial fraud and white-collar crime, and they may also assist in civil and criminal litigation. Forensic accounting is a specialized field that requires a high level of knowledge and expertise in both accounting and investigative techniques.
Since 2006, the CFAP certification has been a Gold standard certification among Accounting, auditing, investigation, and security professionals. In 2018, Riskpro Learning, which pioneered forensic accounting certifications in India, collaborated with India's National Stock Exchange Academy (NSE Academy) to offer certification courses to the masses.
Importance of NSE Accredited CFAP
CFAP certification can be important for professionals working in industries or roles that are particularly susceptible to fraud or financial crimes, such as banking, insurance, retail, and government. It allows them to detect, investigate and prevent financial fraud and other financial crimes. Riskpro Learning offers specialized training for different industrial sectors.
The CFAP certification is sought by those who audit, examine and investigate the fraudulent activities in the books of accounts of an enterprise’s business systems. Holding a CFAP certification indicates that the individual has met certain standards and qualifications in the field of forensic accounting, such as passing an exam, having experience, and meeting other criteria such as education and ethics requirements.
As a result, CFAP Certification is helpful in building credibility and trust in the professional abilities of the holder.
Certified Forensic Accounting Professional is a Gold standard certification in the forensic accounting domain. It is considered a benchmark for commerce students in India. It is one of the toughest courses in the forensic accounting domain globally.
Career Path of a CFAP
The career path of a certified forensic accounting professional may vary depending on their individual goals and interests, as well as the opportunities available to them. However, some common steps that individuals may take on their career path in forensic accounting include:
- Obtain a bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field. This is typically the minimum educational requirement for a career in forensic accounting.
- Gain experience in accounting, auditing or investigation-related fields. Many forensic accounting professionals have prior experience working in traditional accounting roles, such as auditing or financial analysis.
- Earn a professional certification in forensic accounting. Riskpro Learning offers different certifications in forensic accounting such as CFAP, CSMFA, and CBFA.
- Seek employment as a forensic accountant. Opportunities for forensic accountants may be available with law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, private firms, or other organizations that deal with financial fraud and other white-collar crimes. The Big 4 firms typically employ certified forensic accounting professionals to assist clients in a variety of areas such as fraud investigations, litigation support, and regulatory compliance.
- Advance in the field. With experience and continued education, forensic accountants may be able to advance to higher-level positions or take on more complex cases. Some individuals may also choose to start their own consulting firms or become educators in the field.
CFAP Certification Requirements
To earn the CFAP certification, candidates are required to:
- Pass the CFAP examination
- Submit evidence of a minimum of five years of professional auditing, control, or security work experience
- Adhere to the Code of Professional Ethics
- Agree to comply with the Continuing Education Policy
Upon successful payment of fees, you will have to send us the CFAP Application form duly filled up along with supporting documents such as a Photograph, Copy of PAN, and documents indicating your experience in the finance, accounting, or auditing domain.
For more information on this certification program
Call / WhatsApp us on at +91 97665 94401
Email us at [email protected]
Email us at [email protected]